Continence Services and treatment for pelvic floor dysfunction are available to women, men, and children for evaluation and treatment of the following:
- Pelvic floor muscle (PFM) dysfunction
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic floor muscle pain
- Pregnancy / postpartum including rehabilitation of the pelvic floor
- Prostatectomy incontinence
This program utilizes a combination of behavioral and physical therapies aided by state-of-the-art biofeedback and muscle management techniques. Biofeedback is computer technology allowing the patient to see their muscle activity displayed on a computer screen in order to more quickly learn the proper techniques to regain control.
Other treatments include instruction in the following:
- Dietary and fluid management
- Environmental and clothing modifications
- Bladder retraining programs
- Scheduled/prompted voiding
- Clean Intermittent Catheterization
- Containment and/or absorptive products and skin care.