MDH Physical Therapy provides both inpatient and outpatient skilled services for patients of all ages, as well as Aquatic Therapy. Our focus is to increase function and help our patients return to an active life as quickly as possible. MDH Therapists strive to reduce patient pain, increase flexibility, build strength, and correct posture. We strategically individualize each program based on your specific needs.
We treat patients with a variety of diagnoses.
- Orthopedic surgeries/injuries
- Vestibular (balance) deficits
- Musculoskeletal and neuromuscular pain/disorders
- Work related injuries
- Wound care management
- Ambulation (walking) training
- Women’s health (prenatal and post-partum periods, lymphedema, pelvic pain, and urinary incontinence)
- Pediatric development delay
- Sports related injuries
- Joint replacement
- Spinal conditions
- Acute & chronic tendonitis
- Auto accident injuries
- Hip, knee and ankle pain
- Various musculoskeletal and orthopedic diseases and illnesses
Elements of Treatment
- Evaluation: our caring, experienced therapists will determine the appropriate course of treatment for you and your condition.
- Manual Therapy/Exercises: Hands-on treatment and instruction in the clinic and for home.
- Modalities: These treatments are used to decrease pain and promote healing. They include paraffin, fluidotherapy, ultrasound, iontophoresis, heat, ice, and Anodyne therapy.
- Crutch training/gait training
- Athletic taping and brace fitting
- Home exercise plan customized for each patient’s needs
- Ongoing Support: Our patients have the option of using either of our facilities for a nominal fee after being discharged.
Whatever the course of treatment, our main goal at MDH is helping you to resume normal activities of daily life, while promoting optimal health. We strive to restore and enhance physical function by relieving pain, improving the body’s strength, endurance and range of motion.