MDH Occupational Therapists evaluate and treat patients of all ages with problems resulting from illness or injury, including multiple sclerosis, stroke, arthritis, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, joint replacement, hand injuries, developmental disabilities, and more. MDH Occupational Therapists treat inpatients, outpatients, and Home Health patients.
MDH Occupational Therapy offers treatment for many conditions, including:
- Orthopedic/musculoskeletal disorders (fractures, nerve injury, tendon repairs, work injuries, carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, RSD)
- Developmental disabilities
- Neurological disorders (CVA, head injury, MS, spinal cord injury)
- Arthritic conditions
- Crush injuries
- Wound care
Elements of Treatment
- Evaluation by our experienced therapists
- Therapeutic exercise
- Customized home exercise program
- Modalities to decrease the pain and promote healing. These include paraffin, fluidotherapy, ultrasound, iontophoresis, electrical stimulation, heat, & ice.
- Manual therapy
- Neurodevelopmental treatment
- Hand therapy and custom static/dynamic splinting
- Sensory integration
- Lymphedema evaluation and treatment
- Ergonomic evaluation and adaptation
- Certified hang therapist
- Certified lymphologist
The goal of Occupational Therapy is to help patients return to their prior level of function at home and at work to achieve independence and lead productive and satisfying lives. Our therapists work closely with patients to develop customized treatment programs that help them function at work and at home.