MDH Cardiac Rehabilitation provides a program of exercise and education to help people with heart conditions live to their fullest potential.
The main conditions that we treat are
- open heart surgery (CABG)
- heart attack (MI)
- stent placement
- valve repair or replacement and stable angina
- Additional cardiac conditions may be covered
Elements of Treatment
We offer options to fit your specific needs at different times during your recovery. Phase I is our inpatient treatment. Phase II is an 8- to 12-week physician-ordered program after release from the hospital. Phase III provides the opportunity for you to continue your personalized workout in our facility at your own pace for a nominal fee.
- Evaluation by experienced, certified staff
- Exercise: aerobic, strengthening, and stretching
- Ongoing assessment of response to exercise
- Educational materials for education sessions
Our primary goal is to help the participant gain strength and endurance following open heart surgery, heart attack, stent placement, valve repair or replacement, or stable angina. Our long-term goal is to offer direction in risk factor modification and positive lifestyle change.
MDH Cardiac Rehabilitation is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).