The Rehabilitation team at MDH provides services for people of all ages. Our highly trained staff with years of clinical experience includes physical and occupational therapists, exercise physiologists, registered nurses, speech pathologists, certified athletic trainers, certified lymphologist, certified hand therapist, and myofascial release specialist.
A wide range of rehabilitation services and therapies tailored to meet individual needs are available at McDonough District Hospital. Patients in need of therapy after an injury, surgery, or illness can take advantage of evaluation and treatment by MDH Rehabilitation Services. Upon referral from your physician, your therapist will perform a thorough evaluation and develop an individualized treatment program to address your specific needs to increase function and promote wellness.
Hospital-based therapy is provided 7 days a week.
Inpatient services include; Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy.
Outpatient services offer Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Cardiac, Pulmonary, Industrial and Sports Rehab.
Rehabilitation Services for outpatients are primarily provided at two convenient locations:
- The lower level of McDonough District Hospital
- Hours: 7:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Later appointment are available based on the therapist availability
- Phone: (309) 836-1601
- Fax: (309) 836-1589
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Clinic located on the corner of University Drive and Route 67
- Hours: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- 1214 North Lafayette Street, Macomb, IL 61455
- Phone: (309) 836-1616
- Fax: (309) 836-1615
MDH Speech Language Pathologists provide services to area elementary schools Monday through Friday.
MDH Physical Therapy provides Aquatic Therapy at our local YMCA.
- Tuesdays: 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- Fridays: 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Water facilitates peripheral circulation and muscle relaxation
- Increased buoyancy decreases stress on joints and pain sensitivity
- Viscosity of water provides resistance for strengthening
- Decreased risk for damage to healing structures during strengthening exercises
- What to bring
- Swimming suit or trunks