MDH Announces Flu Shot Clinic Dates
MACOMB—The single best way to protect against the flu is to get vaccinated each year. McDonough District Hospital Home Health Care is sponsoring several community flu shot clinics at various locations. The schedule, in chronological order, is as follows:
- Wednesday, September 26, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM, YMCA Senior Center, 400 East Calhoun Street, Macomb.
- Monday, October 1, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, American Legion, 221 East Washington Street, Macomb.
- Tuesday, October 9, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM, Senior Center, 103 South Downen St, Industry.
- Wednesday, October 10, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM, Grand Prairie Assisted Living, 1307 Meadowlark, Macomb.
- Monday, October 15, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM, Macomb City Hall, 232 E. Jackson St, Macomb.
- Wednesday, October 17, 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM, Senior Center, 114 West Depot Street, Colchester.
- Wednesday, October 17, 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM, First Christian Church, 230 W. Washington, Blandinsville.
- Wednesday, October 17, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Recreation & Cultural Center/Senior Center, 300 Miller Street, Bushnell.
- Thursday, October 18, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM, Hy-Vee Pharmacy, 1600 E. Jackson St, Macomb.
- Monday, October 22, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM, Farmers & Merchants State Bank, 484 E. Main St, Bushnell.
- Thursday, November 1, 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM, Citizens Bank, 127 S. Side Square, Macomb.
This year’s flu shot protects against the seasonal flu virus as well as H1N1. A doctor’s order is not required to receive a flu shot. MDH will offer flu shots to anyone 18 years of age or older. Anyone under the age of 18 should contact their physician or the McDonough County Health Department.
The flu shot is paid for by Medicare Part B. Persons with Medicare Part B must present their Medicare Card, and MDH will bill Medicare Part B for this service. There is no out-of-pocket charge to the Medicare Part B recipient. For all others, the flu shot is $30. Participants may pay with cash, check, or credit card, including Mastercard, Visa, and Discover.
For more information about the MDH sponsored community flu shot clinics, call MDH Home Health Care at (309) 836-1544.